I represent clients in the areas of Domestic Relations, Family Law, Divorce, Marriage Dissolution, Child Support, Child Custody, Parents and Grandparents Visitation Rights, Spousal Support, Partnerships, Business Dissolutions, Business Contracts, Civil Litigation, Probate of Estates, Adoption, Guardianships and Estate Planning.
I began my civil practice in 1971 after serving four years in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General Corps. and represent clients in Stark County, Summit County, and Tuscarawas County.
- Born in Canton.
- Graduated John Carroll University, (BSS 1963) and Ohio State University School of Law (J.D. 1966)
- Married to my wife Sandy for 50 years, 4 children, 10 grandchildren
- Admitted to Ohio Bar in 1966, US District Court in 1972, United States Court of Military Appeals in 1967 and Supreme Court of United States in 1970
- Served as Captain in the US Army, Judge Advocate General Corps (JAGC), 1967-1971. Returned to Canton, Ohio in 1971 to begin Civil Practice. Practice focused on areas of family law, business law, civil litigation, real estate and probate law.
- Appointed by Common Pleas Judge to serve as Referee( now known as Magistrate) with the Stark County Court of Common Pleas, Family Law Division for 10 years.
- Completed 60 hours of required mediation training for General and Divorce Mediation and 14 hours of Domestic Abuse Issues required and provided by the Supreme Court of Ohio, Judicial and Court Services Division
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association and currently serve on the Negligence Law Committee, also member of the Stark County Bar Association, formerly served on the Executive Committee, and currently a member of the Family Law Committee and Disputed Fee Committee. Former Treasurer, Stark County Academy of Trial Lawyers.
- I have been an active member of our community since my return to Canton in 1971. Former Legal Counsel Vice-President and chairman of the Board of Canton Jaycees. Former President of Congress Lake Club. Member of the Unique Club of Stark County for 41 years and Congress Lake Club for 26 years. Former member of Rotary Club of Canton for 37 years.
- Over the years I have served as Chairman of Food Committee for the Hall of Fame Balloon Classic, Canton Rotary Club Pancake Day Chairman. Team Couple with my Wife for World Wide Marriage Encounter for 10 years. We Coordinated the team couples and Marriage Encounter weekends for Ohio and West Virginia for 3 years.
- Member St. Paul Catholic Church North Canton Finance Committee.
- Foster parent with Sandy for 10 years for infants waiting to be adopted through the Catholic Community League.